November 21, 2010

Why Do I Appear That Way?

Okay, when we started this blog, in my eyes it was sort of a joke to say that our lives are completely mediocre. Now I realize that it was no joke. I literally have nothing, NOTHING, to blog about. I rake my mind for anything even remotely interesting, and keep coming up with more nothingness.

Based on my level of frustration at this predicament, I can only imagine how my 15 followers and, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, biggest FANS, must feel.

So today I am just going to ramble a bit about my latest self-discoveries. Because, after all, this blog is half about me. It's the one place where I can talk all about myself and not feel completely self-centered.

Two things have been pointed out to me in recent days that I completely disagree with. 1) I'm extremely impulsive, and 2) I don't finish anything I start. As much as I love the well-meaning people who pointed these things out, I have to admit I was a bit offended. I am NOT flighty! And I finish things!

So what if I've lived in three different places in the last 10 months? So what if I randomly take off for Alaska, Boston, Hawaii, and California? So what if I don't pack for these trips until the morning I leave? And apparently deciding one day that I want a car and bringing it home practically within the hour is impulsive. Who cares if I kinda want to sell it now?

And as for not finishing anything: It's not MY fault that the last ten books I've tried to read have been utterly boring. And learning the piano wasn't as fun or as easy as I expected (neither was the guitar). Oh, and being gluten-free is way overrated. By the way, I have an entire pantry of gluten-free food that is going to waste if anyone is interested.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish people saw me for who I really am: a completely stable, competent, thorough woman. Is that too much to ask???

1 comment:

  1. One could say it's never too much to ask, unless it's certain people you'd be asking that of...

    As for things some people say about to, just ignore them, let things pass, and continue to enjoy life the best way you know how!

    ReplyDelete