March 7, 2011

A Marvelous Announcement

Guess what??!! I'm engaged!!! We're gettin' hitched in June and I am SOOOOO excited!!



Let me tell you the reactions I've had...

Dad: I'm going to kill him. I don't mind going to prison. You're not getting married. Why would you ever do something like that? He's a really nice guy. Are you happy? Are you seriously getting married? Yea, there's something wrong with you.

Mom: ... Me: Um, don't you have anything to say about him.
Mom: ... Me: Mom, can't you say anything about him?
Mom: ... Me: Okay, so that means he's okay, right? If you can't think of anything to say?
Mom: ...he's a good man and he'll take care of you. I had a fabulous time working in Seattle. You know, the workshop went great. I can't wait till you plan a class in Alaska...blah blah blah....
Me: ...(eye roll)...

Amber: Hmmm, AHHHHHH ~~ SCREECHING ~~~ AHHHH!!!!! I LOVE MY ALMOST BROTHER, OMG!!!! Okay, here are links for venues, bridal gowns, cupcakes, decor, photos, bridal gowns, venues, invites, cakes, flowers, flowers, gowns....

Brother: SWEET! Wow! I'm impressed! Does that mean you have to live in Alaska forever? You might want to write that into the marriage contract; that you get to leave. Oh yea, congrats!

Everyone else in my family: Um, is this Sara? Like the Sara we know? Hmmm, well I didn't see that one coming. Um, are you sure? For reals, this is Sara? Okay, um, well, what's your date? Wait, are you sure? Should I get a flight up? Or should I wait, just in case? This isn't a funny joke, right? Cuz I'm laughing right now. Oh, okay, so you are getting married in real life. To a guy you actually want to marry. Hmmm, well, congratulations!

Me: {giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle}

Clearly, my family suffers from multiple personalities and a warped view of life's priorities. Oh well, stay tuned for more excitement as I plan a crazy quick wedding...well, actually, Amber's taken over on the planning...and yes, she's still sending me links and shreaking :)



4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how on the mark this is! And how in just a few paragraphs you've managed to capture the craziness of our family. I'm so EXCITED YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!
    Hurry up and get on messenger cuz I have more links to show you! ;) Love ya!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! Now this is one wedding that I can't wait to see pictures of...with all the links to all things wedding that you post, you've set the bar pretty high for yourself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so EXTREMELY excited for you! He seems like an amazing person! He would have to be to snatch you. Must be a smart guy. Love you tons! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete